Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Introduction to my blog...

Hello everyone...

I have decided to add this blog to my site, because I felt there was a need to also give you a look into the more personal part of what I do, what I plan and not just some articles on physiotherapy. So, alongside the articles that will be available on a monthly basis (I hope...!!),  I'm hoping to also give you a look at the life of a professional sportsman and physiotherapist. Thus, if you see any miss-spellings and bad grammar... Blame the auto correct on my computer and not me...

So, tomorrow will be my first month as a Private Practice Owner - a month of Liberty!!!!

When you read my story on my website, you will see that I mentioned that no book or lecture room could prepare you for the organised chaos of the real world out there. Tell you what, I think I have just realised that I have taken the next step in adulthood by becoming my own boss - what a feeling...

Yes, a great feeling it is, but one must always remember that once you become your own boss - you take on the responsibility and duty of not just a therapist.... No, you instantaneously become a manager, a financial advisor, a strategic planner and a businessman...

This month has taught me a lot - from how much work goes into getting your rooms ready for treatments, getting all your stock organised, making sure you plan right as to when you will need what in your rooms, who will be your target market, how to market... All the way through to how much patience you actually should have to keep calm when working with other people you rely on and which you have no control over... Something I have found I need to practice a little more!!!!!

All in all, through all of what has happened in the last month I must say the most forthcoming feeling
has been the one of knowing that you are busy building something for yourself and for the ones that you love most and care for the most. It is very true when they say that once you have the opportunity to follow your passion by applying it in real life as your career of choice, you have won most of the battles and a big part of the war... I must also acknowledge that I wouldn't have been able to do this without the help and support of the people close to me who stood by me through all the planning,
decision making and preparation...

So, I'm looking forward to sharing some of the more interesting things in my life with you through this blog - one of which is the start of our winter training program. I saw an outline of it last week... I'm going to tell you all about it next time!!!

www.cdphysio.co.zacliffedeacon@cdphysio.co.za

No comments:

Post a Comment